[Asterisk-Users] H.323 Audio problem UPDATE

Michael Manousos manousos at inaccessnetworks.com
Mon Jun 28 05:28:49 MST 2004

Jeremy McNamara wrote:
> Scott Stingel wrote:
>
>> Some load testing to following this week, but I'm encouraged!
>

> This is where you are going to be discouraged with that other H.323
> driver.  I guarantee it.

The performance of the oh323 channel driver is limited by OpenH323.
asterisk-oh323 uses the (more complete) RTP implementation offered by
the library, and not that of Asterisk. Of course there are pros
(adaptive jitter buffer, RTCP implementation) and cons (lower
performance). It's up to the user to select the one that performs
better for his application.

Michael.