[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on 64 bit... and testing e164.org

Mike Taht mike at taht.net
Sun Jun 27 12:55:18 MST 2004

Dear Duane:

Thanks for the steer (presently I route calls to 1800 via iaxtel, but
I'll turn that off for that test)

I came up with a thought for an interesting e164 service last night -
distributed custom ringtones, and custom announcements on a callerid
lookup via enum. You'd be able to embed a

RINGTONE - an url pointing to either a ringtone definition or a wav file
that contains (for example) a small part of beethoven's fifth
ANNOUNCEMENT - a similar url, pointing back to my server - me saying
"Mike Taht"
VCARD - same

Add an asterisk agi to do the reverse lookup via enum, play the
announcement "Mike Taht" + "is calling" - pushed into my icecast server
- hmm

I just got on the e164 list and into this new level of technology, so I
obviously have some catching up to do, and should just probably forward
weird ideas like this to that list once I'm certified sane and caught up
with reality.

I am curious if e164 will do dns delegation so that I could run my own
dns for my enum subdomain (which, among other things, would let me play
around with wierd ideas like this, and also allow split dns, so that
calls from inside my firewall to my numbers would route to my pbx more
simply)

and so on...

have a good conference!