[Asterisk-Users] Multiple X100P in Asterisk box?

Joe Dennick joe at dennick.net
Sun Jun 27 08:35:14 MST 2004

You can use soft-phones, but I've never seen a PC with true
'full-duplex' audio, so a user's experience on a soft-phone isn't quite
as nice as it would be on a 'real' phone.  Our company has been using
Cisco 7940 and 7960 SIP phones with a lot of success.  The phones are
business class (they should be for $350 each), with all of the features
that you would expect in a business phone.  A quick google search
identified a couple of places where one could purchase 'refurbished' or
'used' SIP phones at reasonable prices to test out and see which one you
liked the best for your purposes.  Our company bought five different
phones (IPDialog, Polycom, SNOM, Cisco, and Bugetel) to test out before
deciding on which phone we liked the best.

I've currently got an Asterisk system supporting 20 Cisco 7960 phones
with an ISDN (US) T-1.  It works well and the users are very pleased
with the functionality since their previous system was an old Executone
Key system.