[Asterisk-Users] X100P not recognised under Fidora Core2.....

James Gardiner asterisk at crafted.com.au
Sat Jun 26 23:36:04 MST 2004

Hi,
I have been trying out Fidora Core2 with limited success.  I have been able
to compile it fine, however, when dropping in a X100P (Equivalent), it is
detected as normal.. But ztcfg cannot find the device.
See following result of running ztcfg (With same zaptel.conf in /etc/that
worked fine on prev systems.)
--
ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: No such device or address (6)
--

Under CORE1
---
class: MODEM
bus: PCI
detached: 0
driver: hisax
desc: "Tiger Jet Network Inc.|Intel 537"
vendorId: e159
deviceId: 0001
subVendorId: 8086
subDeviceId: 0003
pciType: 1
---
Under CORE2
---
class: MODEM
bus: PCI
detached: 0
driver: hisax
desc: "Individual Computers - Jens Schoenfeld|Intel 537"
vendorId: e159
deviceId: 0001
subVendorId: 8086
subDeviceId: 0003
pciType: 1
pcidom:    0
pcibus:  2
pcidev:  1
pcifn:  0
---
This is the same apart from in CORE2, the vendorID description is
different..
In the old /usr/share/hwdata/pci.ids, the e159 said it was wrong, so I
imagine the CORE2 is updated with what it should be..  I checked this all
out to see if an error in its detection was loading the wrong driver but
from my experience with this, it appears not to be..

However, zaptel does not want to see these CARDS, that worked fine in
Redhat9 and Fidora Core2 systems.

Can anyone give me a clue where to look/dig to figure out whats going wrong
here?

Thanks,
James