[Asterisk-Users] panic() panic() panic()

Jim Gottlieb jimmy-ml at nccom.com
Fri Jun 25 12:31:12 MST 2004

Hi all.  I've been trying to build some new systems, and no matter what
I do, if I load the zaptel and tor2 drivers, the system panics within
an hour, even with no traffic.

These systems are using dual Athlon MP 2800 chips with one, two, or
three T400P boards and 2 GB of system memory.

I'm currently using Fedora Core 1, but I also went back to our old
reliable Red Hat 7.3 and the systems still panic()ed.

If I don't start the zaptel driver, they don't panic.  If I start the
zaptel driver, but don't start asterisk, they still panic.  I'm at a
loss of what to try next.

A typical Call Trace from the panic message looks like:

wait_on_irq, [kernel] 0xde
__global_cli [kernel] 0x62
flush_to_ldisc [kernel] 0x126
__run_task_queue [kernel] 0x61