[Asterisk-Users] Cheap (US$120 or less) SIP Phones

Ryan Courtnage ryan at voxbox.ca
Fri Jun 25 11:11:37 MST 2004

On Friday 25 June 2004 10:56, Chris Hirsch wrote:
> James H. Thompson wrote:
> >>Are there any online retailers that carry the Uniden UIP series phones? I
> >>did a quick Froogle search to no avail.
> >
> >See:
> >    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Uniden
>
> So you *must* sign up as a reseller to purchase one? What are your
> opinions/problems on the UIP-200? It looks like a pretty good phone for
> a reasonable price.

We buy our UIP200s through AVS Technologies, in Canada (not an online
retailer).

The phones offer great value for the price, including decent speakerphone, a
hands-free jack (stereo-mini), programmable buttons, tilting alpha/numberic
display, etc.

The only real downsides are:
- no 3-way call support (at least not yet)
- no way to change your mind and get your caller back after starting to
transfer a call (not yet anyway)

Uniden Support has also been very responsive - I do recommend Uniden.

Ryan