[Asterisk-Users] Latest CVS, Grandstream and Zaptel bug?

Andrew Yager andrew at rwts.com.au
Thu Jun 24 22:31:04 MST 2004

Hi,

I'm confused as anything by this bug. I'm hoping that it is just
something screwy in my config.

I have 1 Cisco 7960 and several Grandstream BT101 & 102's, and a Digium
TDM31B.

I'm running the latest CVS (CVS-HEAD-05/27/04-17:22:40) of both
Asterisk and the Zaptel driver on Fedora Cora 1.

When I make an outgoing call on the Cisco phone, everything works fine.
I'm connected, and it all sounds hunky dory.

My Grandstream phones talk quite nicely to Asterisk. I can receive
incoming calls and have them forwarded to my phone, and I can dial
internal extensions without a problem. However, whenever I attempt to
make an outgoing call, the outgoing number rings, but no audio is ever
sent to the Grandstreams, even when the phone is answered. If I put an
r in the dial plan, the GrandStream does generate the ringing tone.
When an m is set, no audio is transmitted to the phone. The person who
answers the call hears absolutely nothing at all.

The Grandstream phones can talk to each other without a problem.

It seems that the bug is being generated between the Grandstream phones
and the Zap card, but only on outgoing calls.

To add to the confusion, if I phone one of the FXS ports connected to
our hard fax, it rings, answers and everything works just fine.

My zapata.conf is presently:

[channels]
context=incoming
signalling=fxs_ls
rxwink=300              ; Atlas seems to use long (250ms) winks
usecallerid=no
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=no
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=no
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=no
echotraining=yes ; have tried changing this to yes and 800 - no
difference
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
busydetect=no ; previously had this at yes, but when changed it to no
to test
busycount=4
musiconhold=default
faxdetect=incoming
channel => 1

Any help or suggestions on what to try or where to go would be
appreciated.

Andrew

Andrew Yager
Real World Technology Solutions