[Asterisk-Users] Fax with SPA-2000's?

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Thu Jun 24 18:42:30 MST 2004

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> Lee Howard wrote:
>
>> I stand corrected.
>>
>> After a little bit of work with the fax application to adjust the
>> timings (increasing all of the pauses), all is well with V.17 also.
>

> I assume you're using no compression (G711u) between the X100P and the
> SPA-2000, then. Are you finding this to be a reliable combination? We
> are about to deploy a VOIP solution and we are planning on avoiding
> the FAX issue for the time being, but if it _can_ be reliable using
> G711u we might play around with it some more.

There is not simple answer to that. If you configuration ensures zero
timing hiccups then it should work. If any timing mismatches are handled
by the system, a fax in progress ay that moment will fail. A retry might
get it through. It depends a lot on the rate of timing hiccups. Just
because someone else finds it seems to work, don't assume it is either
reliabel or repeatable elsewhere.

Regards,
Steve