[Asterisk-Users] Leave one call to pick up another

Shaun Ewing sewing at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 18:10:37 MST 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 18:04:47 -0500, Eric Wieling <eric at fnords.org> wrote:

> How is this different from the way standard call waiting works when
> provided from your telco?

I think what Brian wants is a way to disconnect the current call and
take the new call, rather than putting the current call on hold and
taking the new call.

For example, on a POTS line here in Australia we have several options
when one hears a call waiting beep:

Recall/Flash 1 - disconnect current call and take new call
Recall/Flash 2 - place current call on hold and take new call (also
toggles between calls).
Recall/Flash 3 - Conference calls.
Recall/Flash 0 - deflect incoming call (to voicemail if available, or
busy signal).

In Australia we can also hang up when we hear call waiting, and the
new call will ring (what I believe Brian is after).

I've never used Zap FXS devices, so I'm not sure of their behaviour
with call waiting.

-Shaun