[Asterisk-Users] tdm (and x100p?) echo - fix is coming!

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Jun 24 13:28:26 MST 2004

> On Thursday 24 June 2004 11:01, Rich Adamson wrote:
> > Per the doc in the configs samples, you have to implement
> >  echotraining=800 (instead of "yes")
> > to take advantage of the new code from yesterday.
>
> 800ms -- that's quite a delay between pickup and being able to speak; was that
> the default when echotraining=yes from past chan_zap.c?

The value was 400 by default (and still is). Implementing the config
statement changes it to 800. I've not noticed any issues with 800 using
a C7960 on several incoming calls. Outgoing calls are of little
consideration. Don't actually have a clue "when" the echo can
function operates, I just know regardless of how quick I think
I am answering the phone, I don't notice it.

Rich