[Asterisk-Users] tdm (and x100p?) echo - fix is coming!

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Jun 24 09:20:36 MST 2004

> On Thursday 24 June 2004 09:01, Rich Adamson wrote:
>
> > Per the doc in the configs samples, you have to implement
> >  echotraining=800 (instead of "yes")
> > to take advantage of the new code from yesterday.
>
> Just to be clear, to take advantage of the enhancement, do we need to pull the
> latest Zaptel, or Asterisk ... or both?

For the echo problem, source code changes were made to only the
/asterisk/channels/chan_zap.c file. Therefore, asterisk only.

However, Mark fixed another problem associated with debouncing
the ring indicator on the tdm card. That change was in zaptel/wcfxs.c
and is unrelated to the echo problem. That bug caused asterisk to
believe an incoming call was happening whenever "any" form of
disturbance happened on the pstn line. (For example, with a bridged
analog phone just taking the handset off-hook and replacing it would
frequently cause * to believe the pstn line was ringing.)

I'd pull updates for at least those two changes if your running in
a stable production environment and don't want to be impacted by
whatever other changes have gone into Head cvs. (For me, I just did
a full checkout this morning and haven't been impacted (so far) by
anything negative at all. But ours is a rather small soho system.)

Rich