R: [Asterisk-Users] How to force G729

Manuel Wenger manuel.wenger at ticinocom.com
Thu Jun 24 07:57:41 MST 2004

> Hmmm, I was thinking about this problem too... What type of gateway are
> you using? Is it registering with the Asterisk server? I would try using
> two different 'virtual' extensions on the gateway and in sip.conf. That
> way you would have full control on how calls from the gw to * are handled.

I had thought about that, too ... Unfortunately the gateway is unable to register. We authenticate based on the IP address only. Otherwise, like you say, I could have 2 "virtual" extensions, but with IP only this is not possible.

Maybe I will find a solution by sleeping over the problem (not physically, that is) tonight :-)

-Manuel