[Asterisk-Users] Delay in Zap Calls?

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Thu Jun 24 07:18:17 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-24 at 03:35, Kannaiyan Natesan wrote:
> I have this line in my extensions.conf,
>
> exten => _393.,1,Dial(ZAP/${EXTEN:3},20,tr)
>
> when I make a zap call, it gives me two rings and then makes the zap call.
> Is there is a way I can make the call immediate?

Take off the "r" option. The "r" option tells Asterisk to provide a
ringing tone to the caller REGARDLESS of what the caller should be
hearing.  You'll notice that if you call a busy number you'll hear a
ring or two and then the busy signal.

--Eric
--
          Eric Wieling * BTEL Consulting * 504-899-1387 x2111
"In a related story, the IRS has recently ruled that the cost of Windows