[Asterisk-Users] asterisk + appradius & freeradius

PAZ rjrpaz at efn.uncor.edu
Thu Jun 24 06:31:33 MST 2004

I tried that module. First of all, you must be sure that your freeradius
is working properly (just use radtest the usual way). If you had no
problem compiling the module and intalling it via "make install", then you
must configure file "/usr/local/etc/radius.conf" (setting the right
secret key). By the way, I have to move that file to directory
/etc/asterisk. Finally, you must add an entry "load => app_radius.so" to
your modules.conf file.

I add an entry for test purposes in my radius users file
(/etc/freeradius/users), just like this:
1111    Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "2222"

I assume the number "1111" must be the "called-id" associated with the
channel you want to set a PIN behavior.

You must also add an entry to the file "extensions.conf" like that:

exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,SetLanguage(en)    ; if you want to change language ...
exten => s,3,Radius(CPP)        ; CPP-Parameter is mandatory!
exten => s,4,Hangup

like "documentation" suggests (I don't really know what CPP means).

That was the closer I get to the solution. Maybe is time for a Wiki page.

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Harold Workman wrote:

> > asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com wrote:
> > Here is the jist: Freeradius is up running and
> > functional using SIP Express radius how to. My
> > asterisk box has app radius installed. Is there
> > any documents on how-to link asterisk to freeradius?
> > documentation is lacking on app radius, at least
> > not as detailed as I need. Anyone know of a how-to or
> > a link that covers this ?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> Have you looked at http://appradius.minitelecom.org/
> Doesnt look very detailed tho.....
>

> Harold

Roberto Paz

"The box said, 'Requires Windows 95 or better', so i installed Linux"
TKK 5