[Asterisk-Users] Re: Really basic stuff :(

Stephen R. Besch sbesch at acsu.buffalo.edu
Thu Jun 24 06:26:11 MST 2004

Gavin Hamill wrote:
> Hi :)
>
> I've had all this working before, but I'm revisiting it, and in short, I
> currently have huge problems receiving incoming calls. I've been trying
> with both FWD and voiptalk.org. I'm running CVS HEAD of asterisk, zaptel
> and libpri as of yesterday afternoon.
>
> Would someone mind helping? :)
>
> My machine is 10.0.0.1 on my LAN, but the ADSL router has 10.0.0.1 set
> as the 'DMZ Host' so all incoming IP traffic (even AH/ESP for IPSec
> etc.) goes directly to that machine. I am not doing any firewalling, nor
> is my ISP.
>
> I've made my configuration as superficial as I can to ease diagnosis:
>
> root at eddie:/etc/asterisk# ls -l
> -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          104 Jun 23 21:21 extensions.conf
> -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          164 Jun 23 19:25 iax.conf
> -rw-r--r--    1 root     root            0 Jun 22 15:36 modem.conf
> -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          387 Jun 23 21:22 modules.conf
> -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          363 Jun 23 21:19 sip.conf
> -rw-r--r--    1 root     root            0 Jun 22 15:36 voicemail.conf

I know that this is not related to your ultimate question, but I would
not recommend giving read access to everyone. Even if you have guest
disabled, this still leaves you vulnerable to snoops discovering your
configuration. With that in hand, they can make phone calls on your
dime. I would change the access rights on all of these files to 640.

Stephen R. Besch