[Asterisk-Users] Dead air on 7960 sip at start of call.

Sam Tilders sam at jovianprojects.com.au
Thu Jun 24 05:59:43 MST 2004

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 01:45:55PM +0100, Chris Glover wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've noticed the same thing with my 7960 running SIP 7.1. I came to the
> conclusion that the Cisco does some clever echo cancellation, and that
> pause is the echo canceller training. I don't think it's an Asterisk
> problem. My Grandstream 101 works perfectly.

I had thought that it might be the echo canceller too... but of 400 calls
today, I've had less than 20 reports of it occurring. Some only 2 seconds
of silence, most around 5 to 6 seconds and a few over 20 seconds.

I would have thought that's an awful long time for an echo canceller and
fairly inconsistent. Or perhaps that's normal for echo cancellers?

- Sam