[Asterisk-Users] tdm (and x100p?) echo - fix is coming!

Andrew Yager andrew at rwts.com.au
Thu Jun 24 05:24:02 MST 2004

Just to further update this issue:

> Three simple source code changes (testing-only at this point) resulted
> in zero detectable echo on all incoming and outgoing tdm pstn calls,
> even in the first second or two. I've not noticed any unusual side
> effects at all. Since the changes were only to chan_zap.c, I'll have
> to guess it will improve the historic x100p echo issues as well, and
> probably other zap channels also.
>
> The changes were associated with the echo cancel routines, but as a
> non-programmer, I'm not sure what these changes really do (other than
> the end result).
>
> If these changes prove to be successfull, then Mark is going to make
> them configurable options somewhere. Got'a love it.

I've just done the upgrade on my test asterisk system. On a series of
outgoing PSTN calls via our TDM31B there was no detectable echo. We no
longer need to use aggressive echo cancellation in the zaptel driver
either - which is much nicer for our staff when they are making calls.

Thanks a bunch for fixing this.

Andrew