[Asterisk-Users] ZyXEL Prestige 2000W and DTMF

Dominique Kull atlantic at taridium.net
Thu Jun 24 04:56:52 MST 2004

I have tested the exact same config, but had no luck. I managed to get
it going with some different settings on the phone, though.

ZyXEL settings:

DTMF RELAY inband(RFC2833) ??
DTMF Payload 101 ??

for the sip.conf (same as Giles apart from forcing g.729)

[400]
type=friend
username=400
secret=blah
host=dynamic
context=local
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
allow=g729
callerid="Vintage Cell Phone" <400>

It is all a bit confusing regarding what is inband and outband on the
phone. I am also not sure about DTMF Payload type... but it seems to
work ok.

regards
Dominique