[Asterisk-Users] Which Linux ?

Michael George george at auroravideosys.com
Thu Jun 24 04:30:24 MST 2004

On Jun 24, 2004, at 2:33 AM, <tpanton at attglobal.net> wrote:
>> From recent experience:
> If you want to use digium hardware dont use suse 9.0. It seems to
> think the E1 card is a tigerjet bri card and the kernel hangs on
> ztcfg.
>
> Based on th wiki, avoid kernel 2.6 unless you know what you are doing.
> Likewise with fedora, which seems to work but needs kernel thread
> turned off.
>
> I'm just about to try RedHat 8.0, which gets good comments in the wiki.

I asked a similar question about SuSE 9.1 and the 2.6 kernel a little
while ago:
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-May/048781.html

Follow the thread out and it seems some have had success.  I have been
doing our preliminary testbed with SuSE 9.0 and it is working just
fine.  Our final deployment will be under 9.1 and the 2.6 kernel.  I
already have * and zaptel built on that system, but we haven't run it
yet.

-Michael