[Asterisk-Users] false hangups

Ryan Courtnage ryan at voxbox.ca
Thu Jun 24 00:10:42 MST 2004

Hello,

We are using a TDM400p with 4 FXOs and SIP phones in a high call-volume
environment.  At least twice a day there are complaints of  'dropped calls'.

Examining the debug logs, I see that in each case, an "on hook" event is
detected, followed by the zap channel being hung-up and * saying "BYE" to the
sip phone:

	Jun 23 14:17:22 DEBUG[2441232]: Exception on 22, channel 1
	Jun 23 14:17:22 DEBUG[2441232]: Got event On hook(1) on channel 1 (index 0)

We are using fxs_ks, and neither 'callprogress' nor 'busydetect 'are being
used.

What could possibly signal these hangups?

On each of the incoming analog lines, there are splitters to unused analog
phones ('bat-phones' .. just in case) ... is it possible that this is the
source of the problem?

Zaptel from 2004.06.14 CVS.
Asterisk from 2004.06.02 CVS

Thank you