[Asterisk-Users] FXO impedance matching

Jason A. Pattie pattieja at pcxperience.com
Wed Jun 23 07:55:29 MST 2004

Robert Hajime Lanning wrote:
> Echo echo ech ech ec ec e e . .
>
> :)
>
> <quote who="miguel at amplanet.com.br">
>
>>What's the importance of the impedance matching in a FXO interface ?

If impedance matching is that important, then how is it accomplished?
I'm fairly sure our X101P is not impedance matching properly.  I've
never not had echo, and I've followed all the procedures in the wiki and
from help that I've gotten from IRC.  The only way to hear anything is
by turning up the gain in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf, and I've been told
this is a big no-no, as it increases echo problems.  But without it, the
line is so low that it's useless.  However, if you plug a handset
directly into the line coming from the CO, it's at a decent volume
level, etc.  No echo, of course.

--
Jason A. Pattie
pattieja at xperienceinc.com