[Asterisk-Users] Outgoing CLI

Storer, Darren starusers at comgate.tv
Wed Jun 23 07:52:54 MST 2004

Hi Simon,

the bad news is that you cannot change pridialplan on a per call basis (or
if you can I don't know how it's done). So even if setting
pridialplan=national works for your 0845 presentation number calls it's
unlikely to work for ordinary calls that present your geographic PSTN (0207)
DDI range.

I have just setup a test using a PRI into your carrier (using
pridialplan=national instead of local) and here's the result from a normal
call to a UK geographic PSTN number with a geographic PSTN DDI range CLI
being presented:

-- Making new call for cr 32775
> Protocol Discriminator: Q.931 (8)  len=44
> Call Ref: len= 2 (reference 7/0x7) (Originator)
> Message type: SETUP (5)
> Bearer Capability (len= 3) [ Ext: 1  Q.931 Std: 0  Info transfer
capability: Speech (0)
>                              Ext: 1  Trans mode/rate: 64kbps, circuit-mode
(16)
>                              Ext: 1  User information layer 1: A-Law (35)
> Channel ID (len= 5) [ Ext: 1  IntID: Implicit, PRI Spare: 0, Exclusive
Dchan: 0
3
>                       Ext: 1  Channel: 1 ]
> Calling Number (len=14) [ Ext: 0  TON: National Number (2)  NPI:
ISDN/Telephony Numbering Plan (E.164/E.163) (1)
> Called Number (len=14) [ Ext: 1  TON: National Number (2)  NPI:
ISDN/Telephony Numbering Plan (E.164/E.163) (1) '0161XXXXXXX' ]
> Sending Complete (len= 0)
< Protocol Discriminator: Q.931 (8)  len=9
< Call Ref: len= 2 (reference 32775/0x8007) (Terminator)
< Message type: RELEASE COMPLETE (90)
< Cause (len= 2) [ Ext: 1  Coding: CCITT (ITU) standard (0) 0: 0   Location:
Public network serving the local user (2)
<                  Ext: 1  Cause: Invalid number format (28), class = Normal
Event (1) ]

The good news is that the NPI is exactly as you need (E.164) but as you can
see from the line above, when pridialplan=local is NOT used, the call is
rejected with release cause 28 (Invalid number format). Some switches accept
a National TON and others don't, it varies from carrier to carrier. The
strange part is that the geographic DDI number that I used for the Calling
Number does not appear on the trace above; does anyone know if this is a bug
with * ?
NB. I tried the Calling Number both with and without a leading 0.

Maybe your datafill for this PRI is now different (after your request for an
08XX presentation number to the carrier) and it will accept "TON: National
Number" instead of "TON: Subscriber Number" for all calls. Please drop a
note to the list and let us know what happens when you make the changes. Use
'pri debug span 1' to gather some trace information if you need to post more
detail back with your next e-mail.

HTH

Darren
--