[Asterisk-Users] Ireland PSTN Number

Stephan Wik asterisk-list at anu.net
Wed Jun 23 06:43:59 MST 2004

On 23 Jun 2004, at 12:15, Gavin Hamill wrote:

> Belfast isn't in Ireland, it's in Northern Ireland, which is part of
> the UK.
> Hence any UK provider can give you 0845's, 0870's etc.

Belfast is on the island of Ireland. This is an important distinction
since national calls in the Republic of Ireland are to all 32 counties
(that includes Northern Ireland). This means that a Dublin - Belfast
call is a national rate call whereas a Dublin - London call is an
international rate call.

This could be useful information to anyone wanting to terminate calls
for the Republic of Ireland. It's what we're doing :-)

Stephan
Managing Director
ANU Internet Services
Dangan Business Park