[Asterisk-Users] Busy message

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Jun 23 03:50:04 MST 2004

Hi!

> > I think the whole idea of "busy" or "unavailable" is flawed.
> > Asterisk sets ${CAUSECODE} with the cause of the call being
> > cleared.  You can use this to determine what you want to do.
> > For exmaple if the cause code indicates "unallocated" then
> > you should give the caller some indication that they number
> > they dialed is disconnected or no longer in service.
> >
> > I think I posed an example of how I handle this.  Check the archives.
>
> What would the contents of CAUSECODE be when set?  I can't find
> documentation of this anywhere.

Hm... not working for me:
I dial a non-existing PSTN number via Nikotel:

    -- Got SIP response 404 "Not Found" back from 63.214.186.6
    -- SIP/nikotel-out-phil-b8e1 is circuit-busy

However CAUSECODE remains empty (checked thru NoOp({CAUSECODE}).

If instead I use HANGUPCAUSE I get "5" as return; that looks better as
this - correctly - translates 404 into "unallocated".

Cheers, Philipp