Macro Args (Was: [Asterisk-Users] Busy message)

Aaron J. Angel aaron at angel-family.com
Tue Jun 22 19:47:09 MST 2004

asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 19:31, Aaron J. Angel wrote:
>> What would the contents of CAUSECODE be when set?  I can't find
>> documentation of this anywhere.

> Also see:
> http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2004-June/004534.html

And now that I look at the link, I have to disagree with the arguments about
the macro args.  Should one not be able to expect an optional parameter be
left blank if not defined?  I know of no other significant implementation
that leaves macro arguments unchecked like this...I really think this should
be looked at again; how does one reopen a bug (or does one?).  I can hardly
imagine there are only a handful of people that see benefit in an unclean
workspace when writing macros in extensions.conf.