[Asterisk-Users] Busy message

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Tue Jun 22 17:07:04 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 18:43, Simon Brown wrote:
> This should be listed as a bug - it is not logical to go to busy, when in
> fact the extension is unavailable.

I think the whole idea of "busy" or "unavailable" is flawed.  Asterisk
sets ${CAUSECODE} with the cause of the call being cleared.  You can use
this to determine what you want to do.  For exmaple if the cause code
indicates "unallocated" then you should give the caller some indication
that they number they dialed is disconnected or no longer in service.

I think I posed an example of how I handle this.  Check the archives.
--
          Eric Wieling * BTEL Consulting * 504-899-1387 x2111
"In a related story, the IRS has recently ruled that the cost of Windows