[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk -- PBX Do Not Disturb

john lawler asterisk-users.lists.digium.com at tgice.com
Tue Jun 22 15:45:50 MST 2004

You don't have to put this in the dialplan.  It's one of those low-level
functions in Asterisk (possibly controlled at the driver level-- I'm not
sure about that).  If you have an extension defined, pick up the handset
and dial '*78', you should see on the Asterisk CLI:

	Enabled DND on channel <whatever>

And then if someone tries to call that channel, they'd get handled as if
the person had the phone off the hook, even if it weren't.  It's that
simple.  To turn it back off, you use '*79'.

jl

p.s.  I think I actually added that info that you quoted from voip-info.
  If you think it's unclear, grab an account and reword it!