[Asterisk-Users] Call forwarding and voicemail

Michael George george at auroravideosys.com
Tue Jun 22 10:47:46 MST 2004

On Jun 22, 2004, at 1:34 PM, Jay Milk wrote:
> Nice workaround.  I was under the impression that SetVar works
> (according to the wiki) within the scope of a channel, but apparantly
> it
> gets lost once you move context.  Bummer.

No, they will survive changes of context, but doing a Dial(Local/...)
is essentially a whole new call and that didn't seem to work.

Or I did it wrong and I just was banging my head against a wall for
nothing...  Either could be the case :)  But at least I have a way
around it and it seems to work just as I desire.