[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 Trunking help!

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Jun 22 07:19:18 MST 2004

On Tuesday 22 June 2004 10:08, Kevin Walsh wrote:
> You really don't want your username and password to appear (in plain
> text) in your logs.

> Put the sensitive details in iax.conf instead of extensions.conf.
> As well as being more secure, it'll make your Dial() string shorter,
> and will mean that you only have to change the connection details in
> one place, should the need arise in the future.

Doesn't work.

iax.conf

[someserver]
host=some.server.com
type=user
username=user1
secret=mysecret

[someserver]
host=some.server.com
type=user
username=user2
secret=mysecret2

You can't use user1 at someserver or user2 at someserver; asterisk defaults to the
last [someserver] entry found.  :-(

I originally had it set up this way since I didn't want the passwords in the
CLI or logs, but it doesn't work right.

Regards,
Andrew