[Asterisk-Users] Call forwarding and voicemail

Michael George george at auroravideosys.com
Tue Jun 22 06:59:38 MST 2004

I am configuring call forwarding in our * setup, but I am having
trouble triggering the correct voicemail call.

When I have an extension, e.g. 201, forwarded to another, e.g. 202, my
macro will call:
Dial(Local/${fwNum}@internal/n,30)

and once into the internal context, the macro is called again but with
MACRO_EXTEN set to 202 rather than 201.  So the context flow of control
will "do it's thing" against 202.  What I want, though, is to return
from that macro differently when the Dial() was called against Local
rather than my internal extensions.  Then, have that Dial(Local/...)
return with the priority set to either n+1 or n+101 so that I can
handle the flow into VM based on that original extension.

I'm thinking that CHANNEL, MACRO-PRIORITY, and MACRO_OFFSET might be
helpful for a return from the subsequent call to the macro, but I need
to get information passed back through the Dial(Local/...) call so that
I can know what happened with the dial to the forward target.

I would be satisfied if I can get the return from Dial(Local/...) even
if I cannot differentiate a busy vs. timeout condition.

Most of the forwarding examples I've found are missing parts of the
config file and/or do not seem to work quite right.

Thank you!
-Michael