[Asterisk-Users] Any echo issues with phones from TDM400P > X100P

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Tue Jun 22 04:38:24 MST 2004

taf taffey [tafsjunk at yahoo.co.uk] wrote:
> (Article auto-converted from unnecessary HTML to nice plain text.)
>
> I'm thinking of purchasing a TDM400P card and was wondering if anyone has
> experienced any echo issues with phones off these cards connecting to the
> PSTN via the X100P cards?
>
> I have had my fingers burnt with a Voip phone > X100P.

If I understand you correctly, you propose to replace your "Voip
phone" (using SIP or whatever) with a phone plugged into a FXS
port.

I doubt that that will make any difference, as the echo problem is
most likely caused by your FXO (the X100P and its driver) or your
related setup.

As I understand it, the new FXO modules for the card you mentioned
don't have hardware echo detection (correct me if I'm wrong) so
using one of those in place of the X100P probably won't help either.

You should experiment with your configuration settings for the FXO
card.  Check your gain values etc.  If you don't have any luck with
that then try changing your zconfig.h to switch on CONFIG_ZAPTEL_MMX.
You can also play with the AGGRESSIVE_SUPPRESSOR switch (same file).

There are lots of other ideas in the mail list archives.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz