[Asterisk-Users] Busy message

Andrew Yager andrew at rwts.com.au
Tue Jun 22 04:19:42 MST 2004

That message is created by the Voicemail application. Check your
extensions.conf and see what your action is for when the call can not
be connected.

For example, a correct dialplan for a SIP extension would read:

exten => _200Z,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN},20)
exten => _200Z,2,Voicemail(u${EXTEN})
exten => _200Z,102,Voicemail(b${EXTEN})
exten => _200Z,103,Hangup

If the SIP phone can't be contacted, Asterisk flows down to the
Voicemail application and executes it with the first parameter being u
- the unavailable message.

The b signals the unavailable message. If this doesn't help, post the
relevant section of your extensions.conf .

Andrew

Andrew Yager
Real World Technology Solutions
Real People, Real SolUtions (tm)