[Asterisk-Users] Channel bank problem via long cable

Nik Martin nmartin at radiancetech.com
Mon Jun 21 13:04:52 MST 2004

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 12:17:38PM -0500, Nik Martin wrote:

> Do you have access to a T-1 analyzer?  You more than likely have a
> 'dirty' T-1 line that is out of spec based on the length of the run.

Sadly, none that I'm aware of, but I'll ask around.  I could probably find a
decent scope to put on the line, but I'm not sure what I'd be looking for.

Nah, a true analyzer will detect framing errors do loopback echo tests, etc.
Try this if possible.  Connect the channel bank to * via the 400' cable, but
in the same room as the * box, with all the cable coiled on the floor.  Does
it work?  If yes, than you need better cable shielding, etc. on the cable
run.  If not, replace the 400' with say, 300' and see if it works.  ZTTool
also has a loopback test if I'm not mistaken.  It may give you some insight.

Nik