[Asterisk-Users] call forwarding question

Michael George george at auroravideosys.com
Mon Jun 21 11:32:08 MST 2004

I have looked on the wiki and in the archives for as much info as I can
find about call forwarding.

I have it working based on the sample from Tips&Tricks except for
handling voice mail.

When I detect a forwarded extension, I call
Dial(Local/${fwNum}@internal/n,20) to dial the number as thought it
were dialed directly from our extensions.

If I have the extension forwarded to an internal line, the recursive
Dial(Local...) will handle the busy/no answer rather than have the
original Dial() return with priority set at n+101.  I have tried this
with and without the "/n" in the Dial(Local...) call.  Is there perhaps
a different option or configuration setting I do not understand?

I'm not sure how to handle these cases.  Anyone have advice?

Thank you.
-Michael