[Asterisk-Users] TE410P / Eicon PRI

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Mon Jun 21 08:02:07 MST 2004

Holger Schurig wrote:

>>Unless someone does something serious about the flakiness of libtiff, I
>>don't think either spandsp or Hylafax will ever be very stable. :-(
>>

>Delete the word "unless".
>
>And then create a subdirectory spandsp/tiff where you put a libtiff into
>it that actually works. Create this libtiff as a .a file and link spandsp
>statically against it, then you won't have problems with different
>libtiff's on the system.

That isn't what I meant. libtiff is really flaky when you give it a bad
tiff file. It used to core dump on almost any fault. I fed updates back
to the libtiff guys a few years ago, which I think went in. Others must
have contributed most robustness too. It isn't as bad as it used to be,
but I have TIFF files here which make 3.6.0 dump core. This is, of
course, a rather nasty thing to have happen in a homogenous
multi-threaded setup like *.

Regards,
Steve