[Asterisk-Users] A Callback AGI script

jean-marie.goupil at telintrans.fr jean-marie.goupil at telintrans.fr
Mon Jun 21 07:48:35 MST 2004

Hi there,

I just give you the script (in Python) I have just written in case of
someone would like to implemant this. I think it is more simple than the
one we can see over the net... It uses DISA (security issues ==> limit
access with contexts and the password !!) and CAPI but it should work with
type of channel.

Basically, you ring your asterisk and the line goes down after 1 ring.
Asterisk calls you back with a tonality and you have to enter a password to
dial any extension. The advantage of using DISA is that you can acces any
services you want (=> voicemail...)

If you would like to comment it, do not hesitate !

--------------------------------
[root at asterisk1]# cat /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/callback.py

#!/usr/bin/env python
import sys

context="incoming"
extension="300"
canal = "CAPI/02xxx89127:"+sys.argv[1]
cf = open("/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/"+sys.argv[1]+".call",'w+')
cf.write("Channel:"+canal+"\nMaxRetries:2\ncontext:"+context+"\nextension:"+extension+"\npriority:1\nRetryTime:10\nWaitTime:20\n")

[root at asterisk1]# cat /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf | grep -i 300
exten => 300,1,DISA,9641|incoming
 exten => 300,2,Hangup