[Asterisk-Users] using # to end a number

Michael George george at auroravideosys.com
Mon Jun 21 07:25:36 MST 2004

I'm configuring call forwarding and I want to allow the user to enter a
call-forward number of any length, followed by the # key.

I have tried "_X.#", but that will only end when I get a digit timeout.
  Presumably, this is because the "." will match the pound and it is
waiting fro more input.

What I would like is a way to do say "match X as many times as an X is
entered, once you get a #, that is the end".

Is there a straightforward way to do this?

Thank you.

-Michael