[Asterisk-Users] Testing UK emergency dialing and LCR.

Mon Jun 21 01:58:31 MST 2004

On Sat, 2004-06-19 at 19:27, Storer, Darren wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> KW> By the way, it's useful to map 911 and 112 onto your 999
> KW> route for the benefit of foreigners who don't know any better.

Well, while you are at it, you might as well add-in 000, because that is
what we use.

(BTW, why is it that people used 000, 999, 911, etc for EMERGENCY calls
(every second counts) when we used to dial from rotary dial phones,
where dialling a 0 or 9 takes a long time compared to dialling a 1....
Why didn't we all use 111, or something similar?)

Regards,
Adam