[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream CFG file generator

Mon Jun 21 01:52:22 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 11:40, Nik Martin wrote:
> Adam Goryachev wrote:
> > On Sat, 2004-06-19 at 06:13, Stephen R. Besch wrote:
> >

> >>So, if someone could brief me on the GPL issue, and (perhaps someone
> >>else) offer a distribution point, it's free for the asking, VB sources
> >>and all.
> >>
> >>Stephen R. Besch
> >

> > Alright, I've waited a long time before offering this. Anyway, the short
> > note is, if you want a central website for *anyone* to be able to upload
> > a file to share with other users, etc etc.. specifically for Asterisk
> > related (but perhaps off-topic for this list files) then visit
> > http://www.websitemanagers.com.au/asterisk/
> >

> Uh, how about Sourceforge.net?  That's what it's all about.  It even
> helps you pick a license scheme.  I'd highly suggest it.

SourceForge is nice, but it has some dis-advantages (and some
advantages).

SourceForge offers (IMHO) complex project tools. CVS, bug reporting,
mailing lists, entire website, documentation, etc... OH, and they also
host a huge number of projects that are totally un-related to asterisk.

It is kinda a waste of time/effort/resources/etc for someone to try and
share their 100 line shell script by setting up a sourceforge project.

Also, the above website (easier to tell by looking at www.deadcat.net)
is designed to be somewhat nice to just browse through the list and see
what looks interesting. Browsing through the list at source forge is
interesting (I've very rarely done it though), but you could never claim
that you are 'working' on asterisk while doing it.

Anyway, again, IMHO, the website would be useful, but I'm not about to
become some crazy zealot who wants to bash that into everyone's heads.

Every tool has a use, sometimes you use a hammer, and sometimes you use
a crane with a huge demolition ball...

Regards,
Adam