[Asterisk-Users] call waiting from PSTN

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Sun Jun 20 12:06:15 MST 2004

On Jun 20, 2004, at 9:40 AM, asterisk-users-request at lists.digium.com
wrote:

> I'm trying to switch from one call to another incoming call from PSTN.
> When I'm getting a "beep" I press flash but instead of swithing to the
> second call, I'm getting a dial tone. even if I press *0, I cannot
> connect
> to the second call.
>
> Anybody had this problem?

This is one of the catches I ran across while working on a new
deployment of * in my home. The workaround I've been using is to hang
up on the first call, at which point whatever was beeping on call
waiting will ring the line. The drawback is that you have to hang up on
the current call to get the call waiting call.

On the 2.x Sipura firmware there's an option for the device to send the
hook flash event as a SIP message, but * doesn't know what to do with
it. Support for this could be added by, for example, triggering a hook
flash on the zap channel currently in use by the phone that sent the
message. I haven't tried this on other phones, or looked in to this in
any depth. I'm also pretty new to *, so I don't know how hard it would
be for me to make a patch that would handle this.

That said, I could be totally wrong and there is a way to get the hook
flash to translate from the phone to a zap channel, but as far as I can
tell, there isn't.

--
Seth "cave quid dicis, quando, et cui" Mattinen
sethm at rollernet.us