[Asterisk-Users] Festival and asterisk

S. William Schulz swschulz at astrum.com
Sat Jun 19 19:24:46 MST 2004

On Sat, Jun 19, 2004 at 08:40:36AM -0600, Rich Adamson wrote:

> > extension.conf
> > 	exten => 555,1,Answer
> > 	exten => 555,2,Festival('good morning')
> > 	exten => 555,3,Wait(2)
> > 	exten => 555,4,Hangup
> >
> > What's the problem I'm facing? Thanks in advance.
>
> Remove the quote marks... should be like ...Festival(good morning)

What is the difference between an argument with quotes, and one without?
I ask because on one page of the wiki, it says not to use them, yet on
another [2] it highlights the use of quotes.

I have installed Festival today and it has been working without quotes,
but I wonder about whether it will parse (and change inflection) if
there are commas, question marks, and or exclamation points present and,
if so, if having them in the argument to Festival() will cause issues
without quotes.

[1]  http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk_Festival_installation

[2]  http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+Festival

SWS