[Asterisk-Users] Hard Coded CLASS Codes (was 11 instead of Star)

Greg Blakely greg at vyger.net
Sat Jun 19 09:32:47 MST 2004

In May, I posted an inquiry to the list concerning my desire to
configure my own CLASS codes in extensions.conf rather than having them
hard coded into the channel drivers.  I have a number of old rotary dial
telephones that (obviously) can't dial *.  Traditionally in the US, "11"
can be dialed in place of "*" as the first digit dialed.

Many people mentioned that this would be very useful to them, especially
those whose Asterisk PBXes are not located in the US, where their
countrys' CLASS codes are different than the US standard.

I guess I have to ask:

If I want this change, as per the bug at
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000071 ,
What is the procedure?  Do I just ask nicely and hope for the best?  Or
would funding be required to pay for having the code rewritten?  If
payment is necessary, how many of you members on the list would be
willing to pitch in your own money to fund the effort?

Thanks!