[Asterisk-Users] Re: WaitExten substitute

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Sat Jun 19 06:47:08 MST 2004

<http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20cmd%20WaitExten>

> but you could do the following:
> exten => _.,1,DigitTimeout,5
> exten => _.,2,ResponseTimeout,10
> exten => _.,3,SetVar(areacode=666)
> exten => _.,4,Background(zz-in-who)
> include => extensions
> include => applications
> include => speeddials
> exten => i,1,PlayBack(Invalid-Ext)
> exten => i,2,HangUp
> exten => t,1,PlayBack(NoExtensionEntered)
> exten => t,2,Hangup

yes, i could; and i did.  problem is that it does not seem to
work; hence my posting.  it plays the background and then falls
through to invalid on the first keypress.

i suspect this may be a sipura config issue again causing a
double invite; but i am not sure.

>> how do i hack this?
> Don't, I suggest you read the handbook, the wiki, and/or the
> archives.

been there.  done that.  but thanks for the pointers.

[ btw, search function in wiki is not real great, to be polite;
  but that issue is not local to this wiki ]

randy