[Asterisk-Users] TE410P / Eicon PRI

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Fri Jun 18 20:02:50 MST 2004

Lee Howard wrote:

> Furthermore, even if you assumed that spandsp was as stable as
> HylaFAX, there is a vast feature-set difference between them as far as
> the faxing itself goes.  Steve has already made it clear that he sees
> no future in fax, and that he does not intend to bridge that
> feature-set gap at all.

Unless someone does something serious about the flakiness of libtiff, I
don't think either spandsp or Hylafax will ever be very stable. :-(

I said I see FAX as a dwindling market that will gradually drift away. I
never said it was not significant right now. I really want spandsp to
offer people a cheap way to fulfill this fairly long term, but not very
high profile, need.

> So, show me a T.38 channel driver for Asterisk.  And if you think that
> using t38modem is ugly, then show me a T.38 driver for HylaFAX.

I really want to see spandsp talking through T.38 across the internet.
T.38 and fax to/from e-mail were my main goals is writing spandsp.

Regards,
Steve