[Asterisk-Users] not getting sound from chan_oss paging setup

Tor Roberts voip at sscsinc.com
Fri Jun 18 17:12:14 MST 2004

Hi,
I am trying to setup an overhead paging system with asterisk. I have
followed some of the advice from the list and have oss.conf set for
autoanswer. The sound card and speakers work because they can play mp3s
just fine. When I call the extension, the asterisk console looks like
everything is working, but I get no sound. Here is what I get on the
console:

-- Executing Dial("SIP/509-4422", "CONSOLE/dsp") in new stack
<< Call placed to 'dsp' on console >>
<< Auto-answered >>
   -- Called dsp
   -- OSS/dsp answered SIP/509-4422

Is there something that I am missing? Any help would be appreciated.

-Tor