[Asterisk-Users] Re: Re: 7960 straight through?

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Fri Jun 18 16:04:34 MST 2004

On Jun 18, 2004, at 3:02 PM, Randy Bush wrote:
> the sipura seems to act one way and the cisco another.  the
> sipura, x141, is happily served by
>
>     [in-206-sipura]
>     exten => s,1,SetVar(areacode=206)
>     exten => 141,1,GoTo(in-int,s,1)
>
>     [in-int]

Ahh.  Okay, I think I see.  The Cisco isn't doing anything weird; the
sipura is.  Why is it sending its own extension first?

> i.e. it sends one invite with its own extension and a second
> with the dialed extension.
>
> but the cisco requires
>
>     [in-206-cisco]
>     exten => s,1,Answer
>     exten => s,2,DigitTimeout,5
>     exten => s,3,ResponseTimeout,10
>     exten => s,4,PlayTones(dial)
>     exten => s,5,SetVar(areacode=206)
>     exten => _001,1,SetVar(mailbox=001)
>     exten => _001,2,Macro(fwd-call,${EXTEN})
>     exten => _002,1,SetVar(mailbox=002)
>     exten => _002,2,Macro(fwd-call,${EXTEN})

What's the point of the 's' extension here?  Unless Asterisk does
something weird with it that I haven't seen before, then you'll only
get 's' in this context if you get the cisco to dial without specifying
a number.  The other two extensions look straightforward enough.

> which does not work with the sipura.

And that's the weird part.  Why doesn't the sipura work here?  This
looks like a perfectly normal setup.

Scott