[Asterisk-Users] Sipura 2000 not answering em_w calls

Don Pobanz dpobanz at hastingsutilities.com
Fri Jun 18 15:03:58 MST 2004

Issue has been resolved.

The short answer:
The format of caller ID information on em_w trunks (maybe zap channels
too) in zapata.conf can make it so the sipura will not anwser a call.

> Calls to the Sipura 2000 work fine from another sip device connected
> through *, from either an fxo or fxs (via adtran channel bank
> connected to a T400P card) port. However, when a call comes in from
the phone
> company over a T1 with em_w trunks, the phone on the Sipura will ring
> but I can not answer it.
> Calls coming in from the phone company though em_w trunks work fine
> when terminated to analog phones (fxo_ks via a channel bank) or to
> another pbx analog trunks (fxs_ks via a channel bank) or to a
> Grandstream sip phone.
>

>On Monday, June 14, 2004 1:38 PM, mattf [SMTP:mattf at vicimarketing.com]
wrote:
>> Well, I don't think it's the sipura. We have 45 SPA-2000 adapters
>> connected
>> to 82 analog phones going through 3 asterisk servers all using E&M
>> Wink
>> start T1s, and we have no problems with inbound or outbound on any
of
>> the
>> sipura adapter-connected phones.

I finally figured out the problem. The problem was that my callerID
information in zapata.conf
was in the format of
  callerid = "DID trunk1 <4024623600>"   instead of the format
  callerid = "DID trunk1"<4024623600>
Notice the location of the quotation marks (").

CallerID has worked fine on all other phones so it never dawned on me
that this could be a callerID problem.

Thanks mattf for pointing out that your sipuras were working which made
me figure it had to be one of my configurations.

Don Pobanz