[Asterisk-Users] Thousands of contexts?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Jun 18 11:54:14 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 12:46, Chris Bond wrote:
> Why not use mysql as it should be faster I'd suspect

I doubt it would be faster as asterisk will keep it all in memory, only
changes might be slowed.

But the thought is correct, use a database to store the data and one
context that does a lookup into the database and populates your
callerid. It is a better way of doing things. You could even host it in
the ast_db and then it shouldn't be too slow as you aren't spawning any
outside apps.