[Asterisk-Users] Re: 7960 straight through?

Joshua M. Thompson funaho at jurai.org
Fri Jun 18 11:46:04 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 13:03, Randy Bush wrote:
> if i go off hook and dial 666 from an internal sipura spa-x000
> (at extn 141), it rings straight through to extn 666.
>
> using the same dialplan, from a cisco 7960 with 7.1 sip code
> (at extn 142), i have to
>    go off hook
>    hit NewCall
>    punch 142  (or any valid extn in the dialplan)  <<<<==== the problem *******
>    hit Dial
>    then dial 666
>
> sip.conf for crisco
>
>     [fiji]
>     callerid="crisco" <142>
>     type=friend
>     host=dynamic
>     port=5060
>     secret=pfui
>     qualify=1000
>     dtmfmode=rfc2833
>     canreinvite=yes
>     context=in-internal
>
> extensions.conf
>
>     [in-internal]
>     exten => s,1,Answer
>     exten => 141,1,GoTo(int-extns,s,1)   ; spa-x000
>     exten => 142,1,GoTo(int-extns,s,1)	 ; 7960
>
>     [in-extns]
>     exten => s,1,Answer
>     exten => s,2,DigitTimeout,5
>     exten => s,3,ResponseTimeout,10
>     exten => s,4,PlayTones(dial)
>     exten => 141,1,Macro(dial-extension,marais)
>     exten => 142,1,Macro(dial-extension,fiji)
>     exten => 666,1,Macro(dial-extension,downthere)

The reason  you're getting this behavior from the Cisco is that you have
assigned it to the in-internal context. That context has no way out
other than to dial a valid extension. Once you do that it transfers to
the in-extns context, where 666 is valid. I bet yourother phone is set
to be in the in-extns" context so it doesn't need to do this to dial
out.

Just out of curiosity why do you have this strange setup? I usually use
a setup something like this:

[extensions]

exten => 101,1,Macro(vmextension,101,${EXTEN101})
exten => 102,1,Macro(vmextension,102,${EXTEN102})

[pstn]

exten => _NXXXXXXXXX,1,Macro(route,${EXTEN})

[applications]

exten => *98,1,VoicemailMain(${CALLERIDNUM})

[speeddials]

exten => #01,1,Macro(route,2345678901)

[internal]

include => extensions
include => applications
include => speeddials
include => pstn

(where the 'route' macro is a macro that looks up the NPA/NXX via dbodbc
and routes local calls to my analog trunks and long distance calls to my
VoIP trunk)

And then all my cisco phones are set to be in the "internal" context and
they can dial any internal extension as 1XX or dial a plain ten digit
PSTN number. There won't be a conflict because my dialplan uses strict
10D dialing (no 1+number) so anything beginning with 1 cannot be a valid
PSTN number. So my dialplan.xml is set to allow 1XX to dial immediately.

If you need more help with your dialing plan email me off list. I have
four Cisco phones in my house (1 7960G and three 7940Gs) and they're all
working just fine without problems using SIP with firmware version 7.1.

--
Joshua M. Thompson <funaho at jurai.org>