[Asterisk-Users] Lingo and *

Simon Dorfman EmailLists at SimonDorfman.com
Fri Jun 18 11:26:03 MST 2004

On 6/18/04 11:27 AM, "Andreas Schiffler" <aschiffler at appwares.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just found out about the great lingo.com service offerings.
>
> Could this be used with Asterisk? I have a couple of Sipuras on the LAN
> and would like to use * to route this to Lingo or my POTS adapter.
>
> People report that Lingo is using SIP although they say it can only be
> used with their ATA. They claim PBX compatibility on their website
> though.
>
> Regards
> Andreas

Hi Andreas,
I just received my Lingo ATA yesterday and plan on tackling the same
question.  From what I understand, Lingo uses MGCP, not SIP.  Where did you
read that they are using SIP?

So far, Lingo has been great, I just made a 2 hour call to Germany from the
U.S.  Call quality was no different from POTS to my ear.  I will post a
thorough review of Lingo after using it further and after I try to figure
out how to get it working with asterisk.

Also if you decide to sign up and you feel like giving me a $25 credit to my
account (that would be very nice! :D), enter my name and email when you sign
up:
Simon Dorfman
simon (AT) simondorfman.com

Thanks,